Dawson History

1959

Dawson Boys Club opened at 666 rue Woodland in Verdun. First membership is teenager Keith Bussey!

1970’S

Dawson changes our name to Dawson Boys & Girls Club

1991

Creation of the Seniors Program

2000’S

Dawson introduces computer programs for our members

Group of teens in the 1970s
Seniors group on a trip to Île Sainte-Hélène in 1997

2013-2016

Race for Kids fundraiser is organized with the support of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada

1980’S

Changed name to Dawson Community Centre

1998

Moms and Tots program created and changed to what we now know as Parents and Tots

2010’S

New roof top garden built and the start of gardening programs at Dawson

1960

Inauguration of the club by the Honorable George Vanier

Governor General Georges Vanier in 1960

2016

Aligns with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada national branding initiative and changes name to Repaire jeunesse Dawson/ Dawson Boys & Girls Club

2019

Dawson celebrates our 60th Anniversary!

Ramp in front of Dawson Boys and Girls Club

2017

Dawson builds an accessible ramp to our building